Saturday 5 July 2014

Triple project post

Hello again, as promised here is my triple project post! I've put together a knitted coster tutorial, and two inspirational projects.

So here it goes, my polymer clay knitter coster!

What you will need:

- polymer clay (15g at least)
- craft knife
- ruler or cookie cutter
- rolling pin

1. Soften, then roll out the clay.

2. Using the remaining clay roll into thin strips, take two and twist them together, you could also roll them between your forefinger and thumb.


3. Repeat step two but roll or twist the strips in the opposite direction.

4. Lay them side by side on your ready rolled out piece of clay, continue like this until you have completely covered the square, you'll see that it creates a knitted effect. I made mine a little odd, using thinner and thicker strips for each section to make it look more natural.

5. Bake, glaze then use! Simple!


Next I am going to show you two different projects you can try at home!

Maths CAN be glamorous with this calculator, I deco patched the case and back with some leftover tissue paper, then along the 'tram lines' on the case of the calculator I added a little embellishment!



Now here is an extra-terrestrial life form, an alien pen pot, made using just card, a tin can and some felts, a perfect way to complete the monthly challenge as well as being a great project for kids!



Hope you like some of these ideas, my posting will be a bit sparse for the next few days as I'm working on something special as I've nearly reached 2,000 views!!! Yay!

Visit again soon,


No comments:

Post a Comment